Heart Healthy – Family Fun Activities
Winter is here and sometimes we stay indoors a bit more as the cold is super hard on the little ones. However, moving around is super important to our heart and overall health.
Heart and stroke Canada has a lot of tips to share to keep kids happy, healthy and moving.
Children are naturally energetic, but without encouragement they can become inactive. These days, children spend more and more time sitting – in class, on a school bus, using the computer, playing video games or watching TV. As a result, more than half of Canadian children aren’t active enough for optimal health and development.*
Why not try some of these great tips this weekend to get the wiggles out of the kids and inspire a lifetime of healthy living!
- A hike at a local conservation area or park
- Stop by a public swim at the local indoor pool
- Public skating for older kids, a great way to get fresh cool air but protection from the outdoor elements
- Fresh snow? A few minutes on the tobogganing hill is always a work out
- Toss a ball or frisbee around in the snow, entertaining and quite possibly will become a game of hide and seek when you misplace the frisbee in a pile of fresh snow.