This has been a family favourite of ours for a few years now. This yummy snack is perfect for after school, a special treat in kids lunches, a yummy dessert or is also good for Easter dinner get togethers and especially great for kids Easter parties in their class room as a special treat.
Some call it by other names such as "Bunny Chow" or "Muddy Buddies" or "Puppy Chow" but we liked the name Bunny Food for Easter and my kids say that it tastes like Vanilla Cupcake so it works!
I have to say, this delicious snack was hard to share. Yes, I will admit I might have indulged in it and had to make a second batch the first time I made it! Now I know enough to double the recipe.
This recipe is fairly easy to make, you can either cook the ingredients on the stove or use a microwave and the kids will love being able to help, measure and eat too :)
I have seen other recipes like this where they add peanut butter, mini eggs, pretzels and other items so I guess you could really add anything to this delicious recipe.
Here's what you need to make our version:
1. Measure out cereal in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Measure white chocolate chips, butter and cream and vanilla extract in a pot stirring frequently as to not burn the ingredients. Set aside and let cool.
3. Pour the ingredients over the cereal. Mix it thoroughly.
4. Try not to eat it just yet ;)
5. Add icing sugar and sprinkles and any other toppings that you like.
I try really hard to set it on my counter and all of us to snack on it, but it literally lasts 5 minutes! I think that it would be super cute in little Easter baskets with some plastic wrap or little baggies with a ribbon and a bunny tag with "Bunny Food" on the label! Don't you?!
Happy making and eating your bunny food! Don't forget to share it ;)