On April 22nd we celebrate Earth Day. It’s a great time start the conversation on how you and your family contribute to a healthier planet. Try brainstorming some ideas and encourage your child to complete the attached activity. Where they draw themselves and how they plan to make the planet a better place.
To get you started, here are 10 things you and your family can do to protect the planet!
- Stop using disposable shopping bags, use reusable bags.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Recycle cans, bottles, paper, books, and even toys.
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Use reusable food containers for your lunch.
- When you can, walk or ride your bike
- Reuse scrap paper for writing notes or creating crafts.
- Unplug unused chargers.
- Turn off the water when you’re brushing your teeth.
- Keep your showers short to conserve water.
Here is a Free Earth Day Printable to get your little one thinking!
Happy Earth Day!